How to change your name after marriage.

If you were married in Australia and wish to change your name after marriage i.e. take on your spouse' name,  you do not have to go through a formal Change of Name process.

Usually, personal documentation, such as your driver's licence and passport, can be changed by providing your registered Marriage Certificate.

Click here to find out how to get your Registered Certificate of Marriage.

Once you have your registered Marriage Certificate you just need to inform the organisations you deal with. Such as: services NSW, your bank, utilities, passports office etc.

The suggestion is to start with your driver's license (photo ID) at say Services and then the other should be easier.

Most organisation will change your name for free, if you do it within 6 or 12 months, depending on the organisation.

There are companies that offer to assist you, such as,  Change Your Name 

If you decide to use Change Your Name use this unique code, offered to Simple Ceremonies couples, to get a discount: CYNLM5B2V