Things to Do so you can say "I Do"
1. Have you made your booking and payment?
2. Have you lodged your Notice of Intended Marriage (at least 1 calendar month prior to your ceremony), and received confirmation that it has been received?
3. Have you provided original copies of all documents OR do you have them ready to provide on the day, prior to your ceremony, including;
a) your Notice of Intended Marriage form (original)
b) your passports OR original birth certificate/s and drivers licence/s (even if you have already provided these please bring them on the day of your ceremony).
c) Divorce or Death Certificate(s), if applicable
NB. All documents must be in English or accompanied by an original NAATI Certified translation.
4a). Do you have two witnesses arranged to be at your ceremony?
Your witnesses can be anyone as long as they are over 18 years old and speak English.
4b). Do you speak English?
If no, you will need to also provide an independent translator. Your translator can not be your partner/spouse-to-be. You will need to bring with you a Statutory Declaration completed by the person who will be your interpreter for your ceremony. Click here for Stat Dec
ON THE DAY OF YOUR CEREMONY
1. Are you certain about the exact location of your ceremony. Click here to see specific location http://simpleceremonies.com.au/location/
2. Do you have all the documents you require, including;
- original Notice of Intended Marriage form you signed and had witnessed
- your Original IDs (Passports OR Birth Certificate AND Drivers Licence.
- Divorce/ Deaths Certificates if applicable
3. Be sure to share this location with your guests and remind them;
- for a park Ceremony, you need to arrive 10 minutes prior to your scheduled time. This will enable you to ensure you are in the right location and ready to meet your celebrant at your scheduled time.
- for an office Ceremony, you need to arrive at exactly your scheduled time. (there is no waiting room so we want to avoid possibly interrupting the previous ceremony.)
4. Your two witnesses, they can be anyone as long as they are over 18 and understand English.
***Unfortunately, if you forget to bring your documents, witnesses or are not ready to start at the beginning of your scheduled time you will not be able to get married that day. You will need to re-book your ceremony again, at a later date (and we don't want that to happen to you :-() ***
5. Most importantly - Are you ready to enjoy getting married :)?