Are you planning to getting married at the government Marriage Registry Office?
Before you book in with them - compare them with Simple Ceremonies, you won't be sorry.
Often, the first thought couples have when they are planning a simple ceremony, is to have it at the government Marriage Office (Births, Deaths and Marriage NSW - Marriage Registry Office) .
But before you rush in... you may want to consider the following aspects of getting married at the government Marriage Registry Office, including;
- Cost of getting married
- Ease to arrange and your celebrant
- Location of your marriage ceremony
1. How much does it cost to get married at the Marriage Registry Office?
At time of publication(22nd January 2018) the following costs were current when getting married at the government Marriage Registry Office.
Monday to Friday 8am-5pm $375... Save $105 by getting married with Simple Ceremonies
Friday 6pm-8pm $488...Save $218 by getting married with Simple Ceremonies
Saturdays $488...Save $218 by getting married with Simple Ceremonies
Sundays. Marriage Registry Office doesn't have Sunday Ceremonies. But, we do, for the same price as a Saturday.
2. What is involved when arranging your Marriage Ceremony at the Marriage Registry Office? (the following was correct at time of publication 22nd January 2018)
Make your booking. This is done by a phone call during office hours or by completing a form and then waiting for a response... Book online with Simple Ceremonies 24/7.
Make an appointment for your Interview, this is done at the time of booking... Interview NOT required with Simple Ceremonies.
Both parties to attend their interview with the Births, Deaths and Marriages representative at their offices in Sydney/ Parramatta or Wollongong.... Interview NOT required with Simple Ceremonies.
Complete the Notice of Intended Marriage (NoIM) form and lodge it at your interview. After your NoIM has been lodged all couples must wait at least one calendar month to get married. If you have to wait for your interview, you will not be able to lodge your NoIM - so you ceremony date will have to wait too. Following your interview you need to wait at least one calendar month before you can get married ... Complete NoIM online immediately after booking - no additional time to wait. That means you can get married one calendar from TODAY!
- Have your Marriage Ceremony with an unknown celebrant appointed to you by Births, Deaths and Marriage, NSW. There is a dress code that must be followed ... With Simple Ceremonies you will know who your celebrant will be before you book. Generally Michael Teulon will be your celebrant - check him out here . There is no required dress code.
Everything can be done in just 3 steps with Simple Ceremonies!!!
3. What ceremony locations are offered by the government Marriage Office?
At the time of publication (22nd January 2018) the following locations were offered by Births, Deaths and Marriage as ceremony locations.
- Sydney Office
- Handpicked Cellar Door (alt Fridays plus $120)
- Parramatta Office
SimpleCeremonies.com.au offer amazing, cool, iconic locations around Sydney (all of which are CHEAPER than any venue offered by BDM).
- Bradfield Park - on Sydney Harbour, North Sydney
- Water Taxi in front of the Sydney Opera House
- Blues Point Reserve, on Sydney Harbour, North Sydney
- Bondi Beach, Bondi
- Graffiti Lounge bar, Sydney City
- Mort Bay Park, on Sydney Harbour, Balmain
- Harrington Park Lake, Camden
- North Sydney Office
- Parramatta Office